Thursday, October 16, 2008

Good News, bad news...

Well today was my 25 week OB appointment. It was a quick one, but we talked about a lot today. Remember how I told you that after doing laundry the other day, I had to lay down? Well lately, I've been having cramps and a tight feeling in my belly whenever I get stressed or I do a lot of work on my feet. The doctor thinks that this is completely normal Braxton Hicks contractions but he's slightly concerned about pre-term labor. So my next appointment is in three weeks instead of four. And if I have any more cramping, I need to go in for an ultrasound so they can see if I'm dilated at all. So that is kind of scary, but I'm not going to dwell on that. Instead, I'm going to focus on the good news.

Dominick is growing perfectly!! The doctor was very impressed with how everything is going so far. His heart rate today was 147, which the doctor said is great. He is moving a lot, which is awesome. And everything is just going well. So I'm going to focus on that.

My next appointment, which is right before I'm 28 weeks, I'll have to do the Glucose test, to test for Gestational Diabetes. I'm NOT looking forward to that. You go in, have to drink a very sugary, orange drink, then wait an hour and have your blood drawn to test your blood sugar. Sounds like no fun, and I'll be at the doctor for forever that day. Oh well. I know it's for a good reason.

I also have "homework" before my next appointment. I need to choose a pediatrician. I haven't done that yet, so hopefully it won't be too hard. I have two names, so I just need to call and get appointments.

So that's it from the appointment today. Stay away contractions and keep growing my sweet baby boy!!

No comments: