Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Nick felt a kick!

So far, it has been really hard to feel Dominick move, even for me. I learned at a previous ultrasound that I have an anterior placenta. That isn't a bad thing, it just means that the placenta is located on my belly button side of the uterus and acts as a pillow between me and the baby. So when he's been kicking, I can't really feel it.

Well, a few weeks ago, I started feeling him move! Yay! It almost feels like a muscle twitch to me in my belly. For the longest time I could only feel him on the inside (although it felt like I was feeling him with my hands, but I wasn't). So Nick couldn't feel him. He tried very hard though and every time I felt him kicking, Nick would come over (against his will) to put his hand on my belly and wait for a kick. While we were on vacation Nick thought he was feeling him move, but couldn't really tell.

Last night I was laying on the couch after a long day at work and had my arm on my belly and Dominick was going crazy! He was kicking and moving and all kinds of things. So, of course, I make Nick come over to put his hand on my belly. As soon as I would feel something, I would ask, "Did you feel that??" and Nick would say, "No". And I'd feel it again, and ask again, and Nick's answer wouldn't change. Finally, Dominick kicked me HARD right by my belly button. Nick's head jerked up to look at me and he said, "Wow! I felt that!". Yay!! Finally!

And good timing too. Nick was beginning to think that Dominick didn't like his Daddy!!

No comments: