Thursday, June 4, 2009

Basketball!!!

We had our first game last night. It was interesting, but in a good way. We were playing together for the first time and we did ok. There were 9 of us, but we were playing a team that had about 13-14 and they were good. It's a rec league so you play 20 minute halves with a running clock so the games aren't very long. At half time my team was losing 22-12. We made a heck of a comeback in the second half though and I think the final score was 34-28 or something like that?? We were losing 30-28 with only a few minutes to go but we had to foul to stop the clock and they got a few free throws in. I had a great time.

The best part was being on the floor with my sister. I know that sounds silly but we're 8 years apart and have never been on a team together at all. We've never even been in the same schooling system at the same time except when I was in kindergarten she was in 8th grade. But then she was in high school when I was in grade school and when I was finally ready for high school she was already done with college! So this was a big deal to me. I loved it. I loved every minute of playing together. I kind of abused her though. I passed the ball to her a lot more than anyone else. Sorry to everyone else! But I couldn't help it. I liked playing together and I'm glad we are going to get to play together even more.

I can't wait until next week!!

No comments: