Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Book Club!

This month's book club was the Twilight Saga. It wasn't supposed to be, but since we had all just finished (or were about to) we figured we'd better just make the book club about Twilight because we'd probably end up talking about it anyway!



The meeting was at Mike's house and it was great! The mood was set up for Twilight. He had candles lit everywhere and some "wilderness" music on in the background. The food was very Twilight Saga-esque. For those of you who have read it - Edward only eats a few things in the books (Pizza and Cake) and Mike served us Bagel Bites and Little Debbie Fancy Cakes! Also Bella goes crazy over eggs in one book so he also served us Deviled Eggs. Delicious! And "blood" red Sangria!



Our group grew by a member this month! We welcomed Abbie's sister, Erin, to our club. The meeting was great. I know a LOT of you out there think I'm a big nerd for loving to read and being in a book club, but I LOVE it. We had a great meeting. Seriously. We talked about the books and had some great discussions. And had a LOT of Sangria! It was amazing how much we could talk about these books. We'd ask a question and that would set us off for about 10 minutes before even taking a breath! And it was neat how much we argued our points. It's very cool to hear someone else's perspective of a book. They caught some things I didn't. And vice versa.



After discussing the book for awhile, we played some games. For anyone who has read the series, you know that nice cars are a big deal to the Cullen's. So Mike had a bunch of Hot Wheels cars to match the cars from the books. We had Bella's old Chevy, Charlie's police car, Edward's Volvo, Jacob's Volkswagon, Alice's Porsche, Emmett's Jeep and more! We had some car races for fun (after two pitchers of Sangria). Then we went outside and played some wiffle ball in Mike's yard (like the Cullen's in the clearing).



It was an awesome night. I didn't get home until 11:00 p.m. Nick was already sleeping and I felt guilty for coming home so late but I had a good time and Dominick was an angel so it all worked out.

Next month's book is Running with Scissors (which I just finished) so I'll have to read something else in the meantime. I had a great time though!

And yes, I'm fully aware that I'm a dork! :-)

No comments: