Sunday, June 14, 2009

Great Weekend!

This weekend really was great. It started on Friday. I am currently not working on Fridays, but I usually still bring Dom to daycare so I can clean and run some errands. I couldn't do it on this past Friday though. I kept Dom at home so we could have the whole day together.

Friday during the day, we went to his Aunt Katie's house to go swimming and have lunch. We had a great time. Dom loves the pool! He swam with Aunt Katie, Uncle Dan and Nani (Mommy stayed out of the pool for this trip!). He was so good and we both had a great time. Then Friday night we went with Aunt Angela, Uncle Andrew, Cousin Cecilia and Daddy to the Zoo. They have kids night every Friday. There is live music and children activities. So many animals were out! We saw the monkeys, sea lions, peguins and puffins, bears, flamingoes, and peacocks! Dom especially liked the penguins.

Saturday was also a good day. It started off with the Race for the Cure. Our team raised $1,400.00! My sister and I both ran the race. She finished in 27 minutes (just under) and I finished in about 34 minutes (just over). I started at the 10 minute mile pace group and it took me a good 4 minutes to just get separated from the crowd to start running! It was so crowded, which is great! It was amazing how many people showed up for the Race. After the race, a group of us went to my parent's house and went swimming. That was awesome too. So relaxing. Dominick and Cecilia both swam and they loved the water. Such a nice easy afternoon after running and fighting the crowd in the morning. Saturday night was hard! I volunteered at St. Gabriel's parish picnic and worked the beer booth. It was a long night. I worked from about 4 to 10:15 and basically stood in the same spot all night! I was one of the people filling the cups so I didn't have too much room to walk around. I basically stood at the keg all night. My feet were killing me by the end of the night.

My parents had been watching Dom so after the picnic, I went to their house and just spent the night. I didn't get there until almost midnight anyway, so I didn't want to wake Dom up and bring him home. Unfortunately I couldn't fall asleep (finally fell asleep at 1:45ish) and Dom couldn't stay sleeping (woke up at 3:30) so I didn't get a lot of sleep Saturday night. He did go back to sleep and slept until about 7:30 or 8:00.

I hung out with my parents for a bit Sunday morning and then went home to shower and get Nick. Then the three of us went to Nick's sister Kate's for a BBQ and swim. Dominick swam again! He's becoming quite the little fish! The water was great and the food was fantastic.

Last night we just relaxed. We watched the NBA finals and went to bed. Nice end to a long but great weekend.

I hope this work week goes fast! Another great weekend is coming up with Melanie and Jeff's wedding and Kevin and Diane's wedding!

No comments: