Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Cards Game!

It was awesome. I had such a great time! I left work a few minutes early and picked up Dom. Nick dropped him off at Nani's while I got ready. Nick came back, picked me up and we went and got Angela and Andrew. Then we were off!

We got to the lobby with just minutes to spare. We signed in, got our field passes and then our guide came and got us and brought us down to the field. Then we could hang out in a designated area and just watch. We weren't there for 15 minutes when Albert Pujols came out to do batting practice. Man that guy can hit!! I'm a huge Cards fan and a big Albert fan, but I've never really appreciated how good he is. I kind of take him for granted on our team, but he is good and all players look up to him. He came over and was talking to the Cincinnati Reds players for a bit. I got a ton of pictures but haven't uploaded them yet, sorry! He gave one of the Reds players a bat and they acted all cool while Albert was there and as soon as he went back to the dugout the players all acted like kids meeting a pro for the first time. "It's Albert's??" "Let me hold it!!" "It's my turn!!" It was pretty cool seeing that even professionals are awed by him. And Pujols did awesome. I think every other hit he took in batting practice was a home run...and not just barely a home run. Like a LONG home run. He's really good...

We got to see Brian Barden, Albert Pujols, Skip Schumaker, Rick Ankiel, Chris Duncan, Ryan Ludwick, Nick Stavinoha, Tony LaRussa, Dusty Baker, Mike Shannon, and more that I just can't remember anymore. It was awesome!

Rick Ankiel was hilarious. He was signing autographs next to us for some kids and one of the kids said, "Will you sign this?? You're the best outfielder in the whole world!" and Ankiel looked at him and said, "I'm going to sign your ball, you don't have to lie!" and he laughed. It was funny and cool to see him interact with the kids and have fun.

After we had our fill of watching batting practice, we went to the Broadway Oyster Bar for some dinner and some beers. It's been a long time since we've eaten there and the food was so good.

We went back to the game and had tickets on the first base side in Row 4. I thought they were great seats. The game was a little rough since we lost, but all in all, the night was amazing!

It was a great way to pool our money and I think we'll have to do something similar next year too!

No comments: