Saturday, June 6, 2009

Tilles Park 5k

So I ran a 5K this morning. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do it since we had game night last night and I went to bed pretty late, but I made myself get up and I did it.

It was pretty tough. It doesn't seem like it should have been so tough since I've been running but it was. I was worn out but I did it. I finished in 31 minutes even. So I was running close to a 10 minute mile.

When I was showering I was thinking about that. If I do the half marathon running a 10 minute mile it will take me about 130 minutes or 2 hours and 10 minutes...ish.

That's a long time to be running! It kind of freaks me out and makes me nervous that I can't do it. But I can do it. If I stick to the training schedule (and I think my sister will help keep me on it) then I can do it.

3.1 miles I can do...let's just see if I can build my way up to 13.1!!

No comments: