Monday, June 1, 2009

Carrots!

Dominick has been eating rice cereal for the last week now with a spoon and he's doing so good! So we went ahead and added carrots. At first he didn't know what to think. He scrunched up his face in a "gross!" face but then kept eating. He ate a lot of carrots. He's doing a really good job eating with the spoon. He's slowly getting the hang of it.

One thing that he's not getting so well though, is understanding that with the spoon, food is not coming into his mouth continuously. He keeps thinking that it should be like a bottle. He cries until the spoon gets close to his mouth and then he slurps that food down. Then he cries until you refill the spoon and bring it back up to his mouth. It's kind of cute, just because he gets so frustrated and then calm. And back again.

I'm very excited that we're at this next stage in his life. And he's catching on really well. Hopefully this week I can start making my own baby food and we'll see how that goes! I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I want to do this when I have kids too so if you find any good ones keep em for me! :)