Monday, June 22, 2009

My brother...

Many of you know this, but we haven't talked to my brother in a long time. The last time I saw him was my sister's wedding (July 2007) and the time before that, I couldn't even tell you. I've sent him a few emails with no responses. And the last time I heard his voice was right after Cecilia was born.

It's very hard for my whole family, but we are all still here for him. We love him and we'd welcome him here with open arms at any time.

One of the hardest things about him not really talking to us, is we don't know where he is or how he's doing. He's in the Navy and we know he's overseas but never sure where. And we're never positive he's ok.

Well for the time being, we are reassured! Recently there was a segment on NPR about Afghanistan and my brother was interviewed! We got to hear his voice and everything. It's only a short clip of his voice but it was enough to have me sobbing at my computer.

Click HERE and hit play to hear the segment. It's pretty short. My brother talks towards the end. It was hard for my sis to find at first because they spelled his name wrong. (They have it as Connan and it's really Kohnen - don't worry, I emailed them to try and correct it!) But she finally found it and it's definitely him. We are 100% sure.

It was so great to hear him. Please keep him and the other thousands of people in Afghanistan in your prayers.

I love you Alex!!

No comments: