Monday, June 1, 2009

Minor set back...

Yesterday my sister and I went running. It was a beautiful day out and we had a plan. She lives 1.5 miles from my house. She she was going to run to my house and I'd run her back to her house and then run home by myself. We'd both get a good 3 mile run in. Perfect. That was my goal.

But it didn't work out that way. It started off good. I was ready when Angela got to my house. She got to my house, turned around and we started off again. Very smooth. We literally got to the second turn and I made a mistake. Angela had the stroller so I tried staying wide of her so she could steer the stroller. We were running across a street and I made a stretch to get up onto the curb and let her use the ramp with the stroller. I thought I stretched enough. But I didn't. I caught the front of my foot on the curb and then rolled my ankle right off the curb and fell down.

Immediately pain ran down my ankle. I've broken my ankles a few times and I didn't think I broke it. But man did it hurt! Angela asked if I wanted to stop but I didn't want to. We just started! So I kept running on it. It hurt for a little while longer but then went numb. When we were almost to her house my ankle felt like it was made of lead and it was hot and tingly. So instead of running back, I stopped at Angela's. I only did a 1.5 mile run. Nick came and picked me up and took me home. I iced it for a bit. That made it stiffen up and hurt worse. But after a bit I was able to rotate it and put weight on it.

Today it definitely feels like I twisted my ankle but it feels like I did it a few weeks ago and not just yesterday. I'm already on the mend. I have to be. I have a golf tournament this Wednesday, basketball Wednesday night, a 5K on Saturday morning, and a 5K on next Saturday morning. I have a lot to do in the next few weeks (not to mention the half marathon training) and a bum ankle just won't do!

No comments: