Thursday, June 4, 2009

Golf Tournament

I don't know if I've already mentioned it on here but I was in a golf tournament yesterday. I hadn't played golf in about 2-3 years and I've never been great. I've been decent but not really good. Needless to say, I was very nervous about this tournament.

Turns out I shouldn't have been nervous! I had so much fun yesterday! First off, my foursome was awesome. It was me, my friend (and technically boss!) Mike, and two guys who we do work with, Ed and Chris. I couldn't have picked a better foursome. It was great. They were so laid back and kept telling me how good I was doing (even when I really wasn't!) and just having fun.

We only used my ball twice (it was a scramble playing "best ball") but they were good times for me to have good shots! We used one of my tee shots when all the boys shanked it (shankopotamus - anyone seen that e-trade commercial??? I love that one!) and I actually had a good one. So that was pretty cool. I "saved" us that hole. Then when we were on the green I putted one in to give us a birdie on a hole.

I actually had a really great time and I'm glad I played. I think our team even did pretty good. I think we came in 2nd or 3rd!

I might have to do it again next year...we'll see!

Edited to Add: I forgot to mention that I won the longest drive for the women and won a $250.00 driver!!! Woohoo!

No comments: