Thursday, June 11, 2009

What a night

Basketball got cancelled last night. I was so bummed out. I was really looking forward to playing too. My sister and I rode together since it was too late for the little ones to come (our game was at 9 pm). We got there early and were shooting the ball around with some teammates. When the game before ours ended, we went on to the court to warm up and play, but then we were told we had to get off the court. There was a tornado watch in effect which meant we had to get off the court and either sit in the lobby, the locker room or the hallway. So we sat. We sat for about 30 minutes when I finally went up to a lady who worked at the rec center and asked what was going on. She told me that there were multiple funnel clouds seen in the area and they couldn't let us play yet. Anyone who was 18+ could leave though. So Angie and I waited until they officially cancelled our game and then we left. The rain was coming down so hard we got drenched on the way to the car. The roads were rough too. Lots of big puddles and it was hard to see the lines on the road, but we made it home.Luckily it was hardly raining at our houses when we got home.

I was sad though. I really wanted to play basketball last night!!

No comments: