Thursday, February 3, 2011

32 week Doc Appointment

Let me just say that today was an ANNOYING appointment....

My appointment was for 10:10 am. I left work at 9:35 and got to the doctor's office at 10:07. I got called back to the room at 11:45 am.

**The thing that annoyed me the MOST at this point, was the fact that another girl was in the waiting room at the same time. She got there at 10:03 and her appointment was for 10:50. I got there at 10:07 and my appointment was at 10:10...(we have to write in the time we get there AND our appointment time so I know these are the numbers on the sheet) she got called back before me...That pissed me off. What's the point of even making appointments if you get called back in the order you get there??? I'm going to start going in at 9 even when my appointments are for 11 so I don't have to deal with this again! I was NOT happy at this point.**

After going back to the room, the took my blood pressure (126/70 or something like that...they said it was good) and they had me step on the scale (at 22 lbs gained so far...eek! but if I'm supposed to gain about a pound a week and I have 7 more to go, I'll still be under 30, in theory!). Then they pulled out the doppler to hear the baby's heart rate. She's a mover! She didn't like the doppler at all. She pushed on it every time the lady pushed down on my belly. But she got a reading. Her heart rate was UP today, at 160 bpm!

Then I went back to waiting....and waiting and waiting and waiting. I lost it at one point. I called Nick crying. I was texting Mike while crying. It was a very sad time at the doctor's for me...

But then my doctor came back and we started talking. I got to ask all my questions and got all of them answered.

No restrictions for the vacation except take it easy, no carrying any luggage and no carrying Dominick (thank goodness my mom is coming along!!).

The numbness in my leg is completely normal...who knew?

I am on prescriptions to get rid of this cold. Thank God!

And finally, no scheduling the baby's birthday today. Next appointment we get to do that.

So everything is looking good and I have the green light to enjoy myself next week! Woohoo!

No comments: