Thursday, February 17, 2011

More house changes

We are doing too much and I can't stand it!!

We are still finishing the floors. They are almost done. Roger was finishing sanding today and doing the stain today. Then tomorrow he's going to polyurethane the floors. I don't know how many coats of that it takes but after the poly is done, we are done...

with the floors.

Then we are going to paint the first floor...yay...

Then Roger is going to do new baseboards around and then we are really done. I know when it's all done it will look fantastic and I will love it. But right now, I'm just ready to do baby stuff. We haven't moved Dom downstairs because all the dining room stuff is in that room. We haven't touched the nursery because Dom is still in it. And our baby is coming in about 5 weeks, ready or not!

So I'll be very thankful when it's done. I guess we have just a few more weeks and our first floor will be almost perfect. I can hold on a few more weeks.

In the meantime, any suggestions on paint colors?? Our living room/dining room are an L shaped room connected. Our dining room furniture is oak wood and our living room furniture is black and tan. Right now the two walls that are just in the dining room are dark red and the other walls are tan. I like them fine and we've done some decorating around them. For instance, our dining room chairs are a red/gold design to match the room and furniture and we love them. So I'm not sure we'll actually change anything but it will be nice to have fresh paint on the walls. But if you have any color suggestions, I'll take 'em!

No comments: