Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Some Progress

I got a "few" things done last night...not a lot, but enough that it made me feel a teensy tiny bit better and like we're more prepared.

Last night was a Monday, so we were going to my parents for dinner. Dominick was already there...that's another story. I won't go into the full extent of my hormonal hysterics but basically I brought Dominick to daycare yesterday morning, only to find out that she was taking off for the holiday. Apparently she thought she told Nick that last week, he doesn't remember it, I wasn't ever told, etc. etc. So I bring him (in the rain) to her house and then have to leave with my 2 year old with no where to bring him...

So I got in my car and started crying. :) I called Nick and he called his mom. She was busy. I knew my mom was working but I called her anyway and she told me to call my Aunt Lisa, who works for a school and was off. I called her. She could watch him for the morning. My mom told me she could watch him in the afternoon. So I headed out to North County (from South City) and met my mom at her house to get some essentials. I had nothing with me. I got diapers, wipes, toys, and a binky. I brought him to Aunt Lisa's and he ran right in and started playing. Then I headed to work.

Anyway, so Dominick was already at mom and dad's last night. Nick went straight to their house after work since he is working out that way. I ran home after work (which is in North City) to let the dogs out and feed them and then head back North. I got to my parents house around 5:15 ish. As soon as I got there, my mom asked me to run to the grocery store for her to pick up a last minute ingredient. So I did that and then came back and we ate dinner.

After dinner, mom had to go to a meeting, so I ran out to Babies R Us. I have a baby shower that I'm helping host on Saturday and needed to get a gift for that and I wanted to get a few things for Dom and Anna. I got Michelle's baby shower present AND I got two things I wanted to get for Baby Annabelle AND 3 things I needed for Dom. :) Yay!

So I am in NO way, shape or form ready for this baby or anything, but I got 2 more things I needed!

That's some progress and at this point, I'll take it!

No comments: