Thursday, February 17, 2011

Rough Night and EXHAUSTED

It's really starting to hit me now...the exhaustion. I spent some time yesterday re-reading my blog from right around when Dom was born and this is the time I started really slowing down with him. Actually, just after 35 weeks is when I was put on bed rest with Dom and that's right around the corner!

Yesterday was tough. I'm not even sure why. I went home and Nick and I started to watch Parenthood (our favorite show). When it got to be 5:00, we left together to go and get Dominick. We picked him up and headed home to let the dogs out one more time and get a few things and then we headed to my sister's house. She had picked up our Fair Shares (organic food co-op) food while we were on vacation and we had to get it.

When we got there, Angela was feeding Addie and so we just came in and sat down. Dommie and Celia (with her little cast and all!) went off to play and we just hung out and talked for a bit. After Addie had been fed, Ang went to go and start dinner and I got the baby. Oh I can't wait!! I love those sweet little baby noises and those sweet little baby smells and those sweet little baby cheeks and feet and everything!! Of course Dom got jealous for a bit but he settled down quickly.

We stayed for a bit until Dom got really crabby. He wouldn't share anything with Celia and he would just start crying for no reason. I guess he was tired, but it was exhausting to listen to. He was crying/yelling until we left. He continued to do that until we got home. When we got home we gave him dinner (and we ate dinner) and we watched a Mickey Mouse Club House episode. Then we put him to bed and went downstairs to relax.

That's when the contractions started. They were pretty intense for awhile there. Coming about every 5-6 minutes and lasting about a minute each. I grabbed a BIG cup of water and laid on my left side and tried to will them to stop. They were getting more intense but further away, if that makes any sense.

Nick told me that I'm doing too much. I guess he's right. But how do you stop doing too much?? I work full time, I have a 2 year old full time, I have a house full time. What do you cut out?? I've already been neglecting the house so now it's either my work or my son. Neither are good options!

I have a doc appointment today so I'll talk to him about the contractions and see what he says. I'm just hoping I don't hear those two little words that I heard last time...

Bed Rest

(or is that one word?? Oh well, doesn't matter!).

After we laid on the couch until about 10:30 last night, we headed to bed. It was hard to fall asleep but once I did I thought I was out for the night. But then Dom woke up at 3:40 screaming. I went into his room and he told me he had a bad dream. I rocked him and tried to put him back down put he clung to my neck and I couldn't get him in his crib. So I finally gave up and brought him into our room. He laid down for a bit but never fell asleep. Around 4:30, Nick brought him back to bed. I told him it would be hard but Nick was back in our bed within ten minutes. I asked how he did it and he just told me that he has "the touch". :) I'll take it!

I had another few hours to sleep in my bed and it was great!

But now I'm back to being exhausted and it's only 8:45.

It's going to be a LONG day!

No comments: