Thursday, February 24, 2011

One more month...

Today is February 24th...one month exactly until my c-section. 4 short weeks until I have two children. Holy cow...

One more month.

I am so unprepared. It's kind of ridiculous. I mean we aren't entirely new to this, so we have things at home to help us with a new baby, but for the most part I feel lost.

I want my house perfect before this baby comes. PERFECT. And I know that there's no chance of that. I need to make a list. A list of things I need to do/have done before the baby comes and just work on it. One day at a time. No stressing.

At least the floors are done...I think. I'm pretty sure they are, at least. We still need to paint the walls and baseboards and put up the baseboards but the floors are done. We can start THINKING about putting furniture back.

One more month.

Once we can put furniture back, I think I'll settle down a little. I seriously have a small panic attack every time I'm on the main floor. You should see our kitchen. I should take a picture. In our kitchen we have our desk, a bookcase, china cabinet and hutch, dining room table, kitchen table and like 8 chairs. You can't hardly move in there. It's a chore to "make" dinner, which honestly consists of making a frozen pizza right now since I have no room to do anything.

We have all the china from the china cabinet and hutch on the floor in Dominick's big boy room. There is a wine rack on the poor kid's bed. Don't worry he's not sleeping in there yet... :)

One more month.

Here's what I want to have done before the baby comes. If I just make a list, we'll be fine. We can do it! We will do it!!

  • Paint the living room/dining room walls
  • Paint the baseboards
  • Put up the baseboards
  • Move all the furniture back in to the living/dining room
  • Pack my hospital bag
  • Pull out all the 0-3 month clothes and wash them
  • Start to transition Dom downstairs
  • Pack the hospital diaper bag
  • Get the car seat installed (or like have Nick do it since he's now installed and uninstalled a car seat like 5,000 times)
  • Finish the main floor bathroom closet
  • Go to Time for Dinner and get one more round of dinners before the baby comes
  • Re-decorate the nursery for Annabelle (not doing much, just a few little things to make it her room)
  • Get a few things for Dommie when he comes to visit at the hospital so it's an easier transition
  • Pull out the pack n play's and set one up on each floor
  • Finish buying things we don't have and still need (i.e. swing, etc.)
  • Set up diaper stations (for both kiddos) on each floor so after the baby comes and I am recovering from surgery, I'm not having to do stairs every time I need to change a diaper
  • I'm sure there's more, I just can't think of anything else right now....
That's not so bad, right?? I can handle all this, right??

Of course I can handle it...I still have ONE WHOLE MONTH! :)

No comments: