Monday, February 7, 2011

Busy Busy!

Today is one of those days...was one of those weekends actually. Where I know 100% why I named my blog, "So much to do, so little time...". I am swamped.

We leave for vacation this week. On the outside, we have everything ready. We have house sitters coming to watch the house and the animals. I have my letter written out so the house sitters know when to feed the animals and how to work our alarm system, etc. I have Dominick's carry on packed, stuffed with snacks and puzzles and books. We have borrowed (well asked, and hopefully getting it today) a portable DVD player for Dominick so he can watch Dora and Thomas to his little heart's content on the flight. But that's where the readiness ends...

I haven't packed. I haven't packed Dominick yet. The house is NOT ready for house guests (especially since we're redoing our hardwood floors right now and our entire dining room and living room area is wedged into a 9 x 9 foot area by the front door.

I guess I just need to relax and trust that it will all get done. And if it doesn't, oh well. People aren't going to stop being my friend if my house is perfect while they are there. If I forget something, I can buy it there. As long as I have enough stuff for Dom, I'll be fine. And thank goodness my Mom is coming along. I'll have extra help!

Today is about getting stuff ready at work to be gone. I'll be at work tomorrow but it will be crazy busy. Tonight I'll get the packing done. Everything will be fine. Tomorrow is the CrAzY busy day before leaving since I'll be at work all day, then rush home to get Dom, then rush out to my parents to drop him off, then rush off to class, then go back to my parents for a slumber party and then out to the airport at 5:30 am on Wednesday...But it will all be fine.

Somehow everything will get done. And we'll have a fabulous time.

No comments: