Monday, February 14, 2011

Dominick amazes us again

Dominick does so many things that make Nick and I look at each other and say, "Did he really just do/say that???". He's so smart and he proves it every day.

A few things he did this past week on vacation that made us share that look are these:

1) First off, Dominick is a good counter. He has been able to count to ten accurately for awhile now. He can even count to 6 in Spanish (thank you Dora and Diego). But this weekend he counted to fifteen BY HIMSELF. That's pretty impressive if you ask me.

And what was really cute was after fifteen, he stopped to think about it and said, "Eleven-teen?". At least he's figured out that teen comes after a number! :)

2) Dominick can correctly identify quite a few letters. He's really good at his initials. But this weekend we noticed he could do A, B, C, D, E, M, N, O, R, W, Z. That's really good at just barely two I think!

3) He can say full sentences. The pediatrician asked if he could do 2 and 3 word sentences and I said yes, because I've heard him do this many times. But this weekend, Nick asked if Dom would come play and he said, and I'm not kidding, "No Daddy, I'm reading the book about the blue truck now". Are you kidding me?? That's a good sentence!

He is getting so big every day. It's hard to keep up with him!

1 comment:

Kate Geisen said...

Those are all VERY impressive! You have a smart little guy. (must be good parenting) :)