Tuesday, May 26, 2009

BBQ's

On Sunday, we had a BBQ at our house for Memorial Day. It was basically a thank you for the help we got in tearing down the garage but a lot more people were invited than helped out! It was a great turn out. We had a lot of fun. Things got a little sketchy when the 10 minute down pour happened but it was good none the less. It eventually cleared up and we were able to get back outside. Mike BBQ'd and it was delicious! I was bummed because almost none of my friends were able to make it. Except Winnie! I hadn't seen Win in forever so it was great to see her and catch up. So it was basically all of Nick's friends and me, my sis, and Win! But it was good. We had a great time and the yard looked great.

On Monday, we went to my parent's house for a BBQ and pool party. I wasn't sure if the weather would cooperate but it did! We went swimming and Dominick got to go in too. He looked soo cute in his little swimsuit and surfer shirt. (Thanks Jamie!) It was hard to tell if he liked it or not. He did a lot of squealing/screaming but I don't think it was bad or crying. The water was very warm (it's heated) so I know he wasn't cold. I think he was just confused. Usually when he's in water, he's in a little tub and half of his body is basically out of the water, and here he was completely in from the neck down. He eventually got the hang of splashing and kicking, but we didn't stay in too long. I didn't want him to get sick in case he started to get cold. We'll have to do it again soon and see how he likes it again! I'll try to upload a picture but the pictures from my camera aren't wanting to upload...

For some reason, I can't upload any pictures from my camera, only the few on the garage from my cell phone. I'll keep trying. This kid is too darn cute to not post a pic!!

No comments: