Thursday, May 14, 2009

Rude Much?? To my anonymous poster:

Ok, so the anonymous poster is back. I have no words to describe how rude I believe this person to be. The last time I got such a rude comment, I deleted it and then no one could see how rude this person was. Well I'll leave it up there now. It's a comment under my "Offended" post. I'm no longer offended. I feel bad for this anonymous poster. And I'm going to respond how I feel I need to.

And in case they try to delete their comment, here it is for everyone to read:
"Meg- If you don't want people to comment without knowing the whole story, then you should tell the whole story. No where in your post did you say that you tried to comfort Dom for "a few hours" as your said in this post.

As for you saying that Dom is "on his own" after you change his diaper and feed him, well, for that I have no words to respond.

I'm so glad you're not letting your child interfere with your full time job and your sleep patterns. Kudos to you."


To my poster:
I'm sorry that you have nothing else to do but read people's blogs and criticize them. Anonymously at that. Kudos to you.

And thank you for putting words into my mouth.

When I said that Dom is on his own, you have to know what I meant. I love my son very much. A ridiculous amount actually. I struggled with infertility and two miscarriages over a 14 month span and Dominick means everything to me. He is my miracle baby and I don't know what I'd do without him. But I can't stay up all night and hold him when I know that he is physically fine. At almost 4 months old, I can tell his different "cries". I know when he's hungry. I know when he's dirty. I know when he's so tired that he's just cranky and can't fall asleep. This is what he's been doing lately. Doing that cry where nothing really makes him feel better except being held for a long time. I'm not going to let him get in the habit of needing that every night. So when I'm positive that he's ok, I let him cry. I'm sorry that you think that I'm a bad mother for this, but that is what my husband and I chose to do (with the full support of our doctor) and that's that.

For another part of your comment, I can write whatever I want to write. I never asked you to read my blog and make inappropriate comments. This is a blog for me and family and friends. No family member or friend of mine would write such rude comments and do it anonymously. If you really cared about me or my son, you would give me your advice in a respectful manner and sign your comment. Instead, you criticize me and my parenting and hide behind the anonymous label.

Finally, did I ever say that I put my sleeping habits or my job before my son?? I never once said that. I said that I have a full time job that requires sleep. If Dominick were sick or in pain or needing me, I would always put him before me. Always. Right now, he just doesn't want to sleep. I'm not going to sit in his room and watch him fight sleeping when I know he is fine. My bedroom shares a wall with his bedroom and I can hear him all night. If his cry changes and I can tell he needs me, I could be in there in literally ten seconds. Maybe faster.

I will ask this one more time. Please don't leave negative comments or unsolicited advice on my blog. I'm not writing this for you. I'm writing this for me. And I don't need anyone to make me feel like I am a bad mother.

Dominick must not be too upset with how I handle his bed time. I go into his room every morning and am greeted with a smile. That's all I need.

Meg

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Just wanted to say I am excited to see my lil man Dom tonight!

Love you my dear Meghan, and thank you for being such a great mother so I can always turn to you with questions, you are so smart with everything from trying to concieve to parenting, I am so lucky to have you in my life to help me!

Gosh if "annon" thinks you are a bad mom what are they going to think of me??? my poor child will be 1/2 dressed in camo 1/2 dressed in pink!

Meg said...

Thanks Ash. You'll be a great mother I'm sure of it.