Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Biggest Loser - ME

So I have decided to finally do something about the unwanted extra pounds I have hanging on me still. I've been very into Biggest Loser this season and it has given me a TON of inspiration to work out and lose weight. Also, since I had gestational diabetes while I was pregnant with Dom, I am a little concerned about developing Type II Diabetes (it runs in my family as well) so I'm doing everything I can to avoid that.

I started working out three days a week with my best bud, Mike, at his house. He has a bow flex machine and he is my "trainer" for those three days. I was nervous about this at first because I've never seen Mike work out (even though I know he does work out a lot) and I didn't think he could motivate me enough (I thought I might laugh if he attempted to be strict) but it's working out amazing. He is such a great teacher and I am motivated. It's been great and he gets on me to push myself and I need that.

I also starting running again. This has been a huge challenge for me as I haven't run in a long time. Nick and I were doing a lot of 5Ks and 10Ks a few years ago but that was a few years ago. This summer I am getting back into it.

First, my friend, Abbie, decided to get a team together for the Race for the Cure on June 13. Our team name is "Buddies for Boobies" and we are looking for members. So far our team consists of Abbie, Ashley, and me. Let me know if you are interested in running/walking a 5K with us! Here is the link for our team page if you want to join or donate. HERE

Next I'm doing a 5K and a 10K in August while I'm training for my big race in September.

My big race is September 13 and it's a half marathon. I've never done a half marathon before but I know I can do it. As long as I stay focused and keep training I'll be good. I've done 10Ks before and it's just about double that. Official training starts on June 22 so I'll be working hard before that to get into the best shape I can so training will be a breeze. My friend Abbie and my sister Angela are also doing the half marathon so I think they will keep me motivated.

So far, I've lost about 2 lbs. Not a lot but a good start for me. Hopefully I can keep it up! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Alissabeth said...

Good luck, lady!!!

I've been doing the Couch to 5K running program and so far it rocks. What I found was that I didn't start really losing until about a week ago. (hoping the trend continues...)