Thursday, May 21, 2009

Blessing in Disguise

As some of you know, my phone broke last weekend at the kickball tournament. (So if I used to have your phone number, I don't anymore and you should email it to me to make sure I have it!) I've been using Nick's second phone for the week and should get mine back tomorrow. They had to order a whole new phone and I'm going to lose all my numbers. I really thought it was horrible. I hate losing/breaking my phone. I tend to do it a lot and that's why I have insurance on it, but it's such a pain when it happens.

Today, I'm glad I didn't have a phone yesterday. My mom just called me about 10 minutes ago to talk. She told me "just so I know" my Grandma hit her head yesterday and had to have 8 staples put in her head. (I tend to get upset when I find things out from other people that I should've already known and my mom knows this and calls me now whenever anything happens. Thanks Mom!!) As soon as she told me this, I gasped and I immediately thought the worst.

She must have fell. She must have lost a lot of blood. She must be sick, etc. etc. etc. (Also a good time to add that I'm extremely emotional when it comes to my family members and their health).

But she's fine. My mom told me that Grammie had been at my uncle's house watering the plants in his garden for him. She bent over to turn on/off (I don't know which) the hose and when she stood up she hit her head on a shelf. My Grammie, she's a tough old bird! She drove herself home and got ready to go and play cards with her friends when she realized she had blood on her shirt. So she went to change. She noticed then that she had blood in her hair. So she took a quick shower to get it out. Then she realized the blood wasn't stopping so she went to her neighbor's house (my Great Aunt Leanne's house) and asked her what to do. Aunt Leanne called my mom. My mom decided Grammie needed stitches so off they went. When they were there, the nurse kept asking my grandma what her pain level was and Grammie just kept saying, "I don't have any pain." She didn't even care that she had been bleeding! She was more upset that they had to be in the emergency room for 2 hours (which is actually really quick when it comes to emergency room visits!).

I get my phone back tomorrow and while I'll be glad to be able to be back in "the loop" about things, I'm glad I didn't find out that Momma had to take Grammie to the hospital until long after everyone knew she was fine.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

yay for strong grammies! I will be thinking about her! Pray for nana too, her heart didnt take well and she just had another sugery yesterday and they put a pace maker in. :(