Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Garage Demolition

We tore our garage down on Saturday. Well, by we I mean Nick and a bunch of boys with sledge hammers! Dominick and I watched a bit. It was amazing how fast they did it!

Nick and I got up around 7:30 with Dominick and then around 9 we went outside to make sure everything was out of the garage and ready to get started. Our friend Josh showed up fairly quickly. He helped us get some stuff out of the garage when our friend Dave showed up. Between the four of us we got everything out and Josh and Dave started sledging down the garage door. Eventually more boys showed up (Noah, Nathan, Mike) and they went to town on the garage. My sister came over (she ran over) and watched for a bit while they worked. The boys decided to tear the structure of the garage down by putting a chain around the garage and attaching that to a truck and driving down the alley. I thought for sure that they would cause more harm than good, but it's a good thing I'm not in charge because it worked great! It's kind of scary how easily the garage came down, actually. Thank goodness we weren't parking a car in there!

The boys were working hard and they had the entire thing down, in the dumpster, and cleaned up by 12:45!! It was amazing how fast they worked. I went to the Face and the Body at noon and when I called Nick at 12:50 to pick up everyone lunch, Nick and Mike were the only ones left!

I was very impressed.


Getting rid of the siding




Looking at the garage on the ground



Of course I don't have any "before" pictures to show you the garage before we starting tearing it apart. I don't have any pictures of the Bronco pulling it down. And I don't even have any pictures of how great it looks now. I'll fix that last one though. I'll take a picture tonight of the beautiful back yard WITHOUT a garage! :)

No comments: