Friday, May 15, 2009

One is enough!

I was off of work today and my sister asked me to do her a favor. She asked if I could watch Cecilia for the day while both she and her husband were at work. I said that was fine. I still brought Dominick to day care because we pay the same amount if we bring him one day or five days and I didn't think I could handle a barely one year old and an almost 4 month old at the same time by myself. So I brought Dom to daycare and then went to my sister's. I brought Andrew to his job (he's a violinist and he was playing the graduation ceremonies at Washington University and parking is tough) and then Celia and I went to Schnucks to get some groceries. We had a great time there. Cecilia loves shopping carts! Then we decided to go to my mom's work to meet her for lunch. We stopped back at my sister's to get a diaper bag for Celia and then we headed north. During lunch Dominick's day care called my cell. He wasn't eating at all and he was whining a lot. She said that I didn't need to come and get him but I felt bad that I was home and he was there, especially if he was upset and/or didn't feel well. So my mom and I traded cars so I could have a car with two car seats and off Cecilia and I went.

We stopped by my house to get his diaper bag and then we went and got Dom. As soon as he saw me, his face lit up with a smile! She told me he didn't have a runny nose, fever, etc. and he wasn't crying, just whining. I told her that that's what he's been doing at night the last few nights. So I picked him up and off we went.

We went back to my sister's house and everything went great for a bit. Dominick ate his bottle and Cecilia ate her lunch. Everyone was happy. Then they both decided they needed to be held. That's a little hard to do!

We struggled for a bit, but we made it. Everyone ended up happy when my sis got home and the whole afternoon was a success!

I definitely want more kids. Nick and I both want a big family. But when they are this young, one is enough! I think we'll wait a few years before we decide to have number two, although I had a lot of fun and would say yes to doing it again in a heartbeat!

No comments: