Monday, May 11, 2009

On a more positive note...

Before I read the negative comment in the evening, I had a really great Mother's Day!

It started off a little rough though. Nick asked me on Saturday if he could go golfing in the morning. I didn't want him to because I was looking forward to a morning "off" but he doesn't go golfing that often so I said sure. Nick left about 7:30. At 8:00, Dominick was up and hungry. This was a sweet part. When I went in to get Dom out of his crib, I saw a present on the rocker is his room. Nick left me a vase full of flowers and some cute things for Dominick that said "I dig my mommy" and "I love my mommy". It was very cute. There was also a card "from" Dominick that said how much he loves me and he knows how long I waited for him and he waited just as long for me. It was so sweet. Nick did good there.

Then I made a bottle and Dom and I headed downstairs. Around 8:20, Nick's brother Rob came by to drop off their dog, Madison. Rob and Christy are currently in the Dominican Republic and we are watching their dog for a week. I was so embarrassed because I was in my glasses and pj pants and an old t-shirt. Not looking nice for company!! After Rob left, Dom and I went back downstairs and I heard more knocking on the door. This was about 9:00. I wasn't expecting anyone so I was shocked. I went upstairs and it was Angela, Andrew and Cecilia! They brought me breakfast!! It was delicious too. A tomato, bacon and spinach omelet, hash browns and a few mini pancakes! Yum! It was such a nice surprise.

Nick got home awhile later and took Dom from me so I could just lay on the couch and relax. And I did. I laid on the couch until it was time to go to kickball. Yes we still had kickball on mother's day, but we weren't originally supposed to. We've had quite a few rainouts this season and this was to make up some of the games. We only had one game since the other team we were supposed to play did forfeit.We met my mom at the field before the game and she took Dominick and Cecilia to my grandma's while we played. We rallyed in the second game and won 7-5 (We had been losing 5-3 going into the sixth inning (out of seven) and scored 4 runs that inning to take the lead! It was great! I love winning kickball games! Also, Michelle and Adam brought me and Angela the best mother's day present ever. A very large can of Heineken beer. Thanks guys!

After kickball we went to my Grammie's house for mother's day. It was a delicious meal and Dominick was a good boy so it was a good night.

Nick and I got home around 8 and we watched Good Luck Chuck and then went to bed.

Dominick was a little rough again last night but he's getting better. Things are hard for him right now. He has a tooth just under his gums and you can tell his gums hurt. I held him for about an hour last night just massaging his gums. I put some baby orajel on them and then he was able to sleep better. Poor baby!

All in all, it was a great first Mother's Day!

3 comments:

Ben and Whitney Evely said...

We think Aidyn may be beginning to teeth also. His bottom gum feels a little bumpy in a place or two but we can't see anything. How did you know that was Dom's problem?

Meg said...

We can see the white right under the gums on the bottom. It also feels a little bumpy. And when you rub his gums he quiets down.

Thanks for your positive reinforcement on the last post! You made me feel so much better!

Heather said...

Meg, sounds like you had a great day (inspite of the rude comment, which by the way you handled perfectly!). Nick was so sweet to leave you those gifts for Mother's Day!! So glad you had a great day, you so deserve it!