Sunday, August 16, 2009

Busy Weekend, Again!

Saturday I went to the Lake for my friend Michelle's bachelorette party. We all met up at Michelle's at 7:00 a.m. and were hoping to get on the road right away. But some of us were running a little late so we got a late start. We probably got on the road around 8:15 or so.

The drive down was fine and when we got there we packed up the coolers and changed into our suits and hopped on a boat! We rented a pontoon boat and headed to Party Cove. I've never been to Party Cove and heard it was crazy and crowded and drunk and wild. I was nervous to say the lesat. But it was awesome! Everyone is so nice! We pulled our boat up to another boat and they tied us on to them and someone pulled up on the other side and we were in. Set for the day! We met some really cool people and just hung out. I think Michelle had a really good time and that's what was important anyway.

After being on the Lake for a few hours (like 5) we headed back to the condo. We pulled the boat in (well Winnie did, way to go Win!) and trooped back up to the condo. We all showered and got dressed up and got ready to go out.

All the girls wore black dresses and the Maid of Honor, Suzanne, bought Michelle a white dress to wear out. It was a really cool effect and we all looked great, if I may say so myself. We toasted with champagne at the condo and then loaded into a cab (no drinking and driving for us!) and headed for Shady Gator's. We had dinner there and then moved down to the bar and started dancin!

We danced for awhile and then headed over to the Horny Toad. There was an awesome 2 person band playing there and had a great time dancing to all kinds of awesome music. They even sang, "My Hazel Eyed Girl" for Michelle (no brown eyes). It was a blast. We went down to the club for about a half hour but didn't like it so we headed back up to the 2 man band.

When they were done playing we loaded back onto the shuttle and went back to the Shady Gator. More dancing and drinking there. When that was done we grabbed a cab and went back to the condo. I went to bed pretty quickly. Some girls ordered pizza but I was exhausted!

This morning was laid back. Just packing and getting ready to go.

Now I'm home, and SO happy to see my baby boy! We're headed to my folks tonight for dinner and then I need to relax! I'm so exhausted.

Ready to head back to the grind tomorrow. I know a lot of schools are starting back up this week, so I hope everyone had an awesome last weekend of the summer. Oh and I'll post some pics when I get them from Abbie!

No comments: