Monday, August 31, 2009

Just Dommie and Mommy!

This weekend Nick went out of town for a golf tournament with my family. They do it every year. Last year, I basically moved in with my mom since I was pregnant and didn't want to be alone for 3 days. This year I decided to stay put since my mom had plans on Saturday and I had plans Friday and Saturday night in the city.

It was an adventure to say the least. Taking care of a 7 month old by yourself for three days is no easy feat. And I tip my hats to all the single parents out there. I have NO idea how you do it, day in and day out. I thought 3 days was a challenge.

Dommie and I went to the zoo Friday night and had a blast. After the zoo, Annie and Mike came back to my house and we hung out for a bit. Putting Dom down on Friday wasn't too bad, but I stayed up very late and had lots of wine. So Saturday morning was a challenge. We got up early Saturday and played and then after Dom's morning nap, we went to my mom's house and hung out with her and her two sisters and her mom. They were having a girls weekend and I barged in for part of it.

It was a lot of fun. They had lunch (which was delicious) and then my aunt June taught us all about stamping and making home made cards. It was so neat! And she gave my mom a bunch of stuff! I think I'm going to start getting into it too! It's so cool to personalize a card for a friend. It's an expensive hobby though. But I figure if Nick can have golf, I can have stamping!

After card making, Dom and I went back home to get ready for my friend's couples shower. Dom and I got dressed up and went over to her parents house. It was a lot of fun, but Dommie wasn't having it. We only stayed for about an hour and a half and then went home. As soon as we got home, Dom was wide awake again. We stayed up until about 9:30 and then went to bed.

Sunday, Dom was up bright and early again. We got up and played and just hung out at the house. Nick called around 2 to say he was about an hour and a half away. I was so excited to hear that. I love Dommie and he is such a good baby but I was ready for a break. And a nap!

When Nick got home, we got ready and went to Nick's mom's house for dinner. It was a nice relaxing night, and an early night. We were home by 8. That was nice because then I got to go to bed early.

It was a great weekend, and I loved hanging out with Dommie by myself but I am so glad Nick is home. Dommie and I really missed having Da-da around!

No comments: