Tuesday, August 11, 2009

No martinis

Martini Monday got canceled. Mike ended up having to come in early this morning and work since we are short handed so we decided martinis might be a bad idea.

Instead, Nick and I went over to Nick's mom's for dinner. We had a great dinner (baked potatoes, pork steaks, salad, garlic bread and cake!) and watched the baseball game for a bit.

Dom was fussy. I don't know what's going on with him lately. Stella (daycare) has noticed it too. Ever since he got his 6 month shots he's been a little...off. Last night he started crying for no real reason. I looked at the clock and it had been about 2 1/2 hours since he'd eaten so I thought he might be hungry. I made a bottle and he wouldn't take it at all. He'd put it in his mouth and then scream and turn his head. Well...the bottle was warmer than it usually is. So I dumped it out and made another bottle. A cold one this time. He would put the bottle in his mouth, eat for a few seconds, and turn his head and scream. It took awhile to get the bottle down. Also he's been spitting up a LOT more lately.

I'm thinking that his reflux is more acid reflux now. He never used to get upset spitting up. Now he cries a little when he spits up. And he's not eating as much and he cries while eating. I'm calling the pediatrician today. We'll see what she says.

On a happier note, we got some cute pictures of Dom when we got home. Dommie LOVES being on his Daddy's shoulders. When we got home, I grabbed all our stuff and Nick grabbed Dom and put him up on his shoulders. Dom laughed and giggled the whole time. I got a few pictures of it. He's so cute!!




I totally forgot to bring my camera to dinner so I don't have ANY pictures of Dom with Uncle Dan. I'm hoping to head over there for a bit tonight just so we can get a few good pics.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Those pics of Dom smiling just make ME smile and giggle! He is just too darn CUTE!!!!