Monday, August 31, 2009

Hu...Hu...WHO?!?!

Hubert Keller!!

Does anyone know who that is?? He is a chef and I first heard of him while watching Top Chef a few years back. He was a guest judge and they raved about him and his cooking. Then when Lumiere Place was built in St. Louis, I found out that Hubert Keller was the chef behind the Burger Bar and Sleek Steakhouse.

Then, a few weeks ago I saw that there was a Top Chef Masters Show on Bravo (I'm crazy addicted to Top Chef) so I figured I'd like the Masters as well. Hubert Keller was on there. He did great. He made it to the Finale. The top 3. He was amazing to watch and was always so nice and seemed like a great person to know. They mentioned St. Louis a few times and he represented our city well.

Last Friday, one of our vendors took us to the Burger Bar at Lumiere Place. Our vendor, John, is a big fan of Hubert Keller's too. He was so excited to go there and eat something that Hubert Keller created. I was joking around with him that he should ask if Hubert was working and if we could meet him. We didn't think there was anyway he would be here. He has two restaurants in Las Vegas. Why would he be in St. Louis??

Well, right after we got our food, I looked up and Hubert Keller was walking through the restaurant! I yelled to John to look and he was so excited too. When Hubert was walking back to the kitchen, my boss stood up and told him it was nice to meet him. Hubert came over to our table and shook all of our hands and we talked for a minute. He thanked us for coming in and was SO nice. It was so cool! One of my favorite chefs from one of my favorite shows!

Friday was a good day!

No comments: