Monday, August 10, 2009

Weekend

What a weekend!

Friday was bad. I am off of work on Fridays and I usually clean the house and go grocery shopping on Fridays. None of these things happened this past Friday. Not even close. Here's about how my day went:

6:45 Dom is awake. I make him a bottle. Feed him. Lay him back down and go back to bed for an hour.
8:00 Dom is up up. We get up. Get dressed. I feed him some pears. We go to daycare.
8:30 Go to grocery store to get dog food since we're out. Also get kitty litter and some cookies (I needed cookies)
9:30 Get home and groceries are unloaded. Go upstairs and crawl into bed. Fall asleep.
11:00 Wake up. Read part of my book.
11:40 Go back to bed.
12:30 Get up again. Read some more.
1:00 Decide I must get up and I go downstairs.
1:30 Fall asleep on couch.
3:00 Get up and try to clean as much as I can as fast as I can.
3:45 Go get Dominick
4:00 Go to Joe Bush's to meet Nick and our friend Mike Koch for a happy hour drink.
5:15 Go home and change to go to a BBQ.

Wasn't I productive?!?!?! Gosh, it was horrible. I felt like such a waste. And the worst part was, I was still tired after all of that!!! How? I have no idea.

The BBQ at Nick's sister's was a lot of fun. Dominick showed off the whole time. He's crawling like a pro now. Nick's brother Dan is in town from Boston so it was great to see him too.

Saturday! A slightly more productive day, but not really.

We get up. Get ready for the day. I go running (yay!) but only 2 miles (boo!) because it was so hot. After I got back, Nick left to get a haircut and Dommie and I hung out. After Nick got back, we got ready to go and left for my parents house. They were having a BBQ because it was my grandpa's 83rd birthday! We stopped by the Galleria at Harry and David's so I could make an amazing dip my sister in law, Lisa, told me about (Harry and David's Pepper and Onion salsa (1/2 jar) + 1 bar of cream cheese (blend together with a mixer) = DELICIOUS!) and then headed North. We got there early and got to go swimming. Dom loved it, as always.

The rest of the BBQ was great. Dom showed off some more. Then we left and went home and went to bed.

Sunday! More laziness (with an interesting story thrown in there).

Nick and Andrew went golfing, so Angela and Cecilia came over to watch the Top Chef Masters Marathon I DVR'd and just hang out. We were having a great time. Dommie and Celia were getting along great. Ang was getting some work done and I was able to hang out with 2 of my favorite kiddos in the world. Then Dom went down for a nap and I forgot that Celia can get in to more things than Dom. I was on the couch and Ang was in a chair when Cecilia brought her a black square. Ang put it on the bar and we didn't think anything of it. Later, she had like 6 or 7 black squares of different sizes. I went over to investigate...well I (stupidly) left open my laptop in her reaching distance. The black squares were keys off of my laptop keyboard. She got the F4 key. The 5. The 8. And about 4 letters.

I wasn't mad. That would be silly. It was my fault anyway. And Nick came home and was able to reattach all of them. Well except the F4 (and who uses that anyway) and except the L, but I can live without the key for the L. There's still the button, so I can still use it. It just feels a little funny. (I'm at my work computer where all the letters are still intact). But again, we used the computer last night and it's fine.

And later, Ang called me and told me that Cecilia was on a roll. She pulled the "N" off of her computer too! :)

Sunday night was a good night. Nick asked his mom to babysit and took me out. We went to SubZero Sushi bar. It was delicious. After dinner we picked Dom up and brought him home. Put him to bed and put on a movie. I fell asleep. It was past 10! Way past my bedtime.

Slept like a baby all night...

That was my weekend. I hope you didn't get too bored reading about how bad and lazy I was!

1 comment:

Les said...

We went to Harry & David at the outlet mall in Branson over the weekend to buy 3 jars of the EXACT same dip..Pepper Onion Relish! Yumm, good stuff, it's always a hit :)