Thursday, August 6, 2009

Milk, Eggs, Vodka...

by Bill Keaggy.

Bill is one of my friends. He is on my kickball team. I've heard people talk about his books a few times but never really thought much about them. The other day I looked on his website and decided I should order his book and give it a shot. Bill's Website if you want to take a gander.

Anyway, his book (or one of them) came in the mail the other day and I started reading it last night. It's a collection of grocery lists that Bill has either found or people send in to him. He tears them apart making fun of their lists. It's hilarious. I think it's so funny to me because I'm sure I do a ton of these things! It may not sound like it's a good book, but trust me. It's awesome.

Here are a few clips from it. Remember, if you have the actual book you are seeing the scan of the actual list. The persons handwriting, doodles, misspellings, etc. This is just me typing. Along with every list is a comment from Bill. That's where the funny begins. Here's a few:

Milk, Eggs, Vodka
By: Bill Keaggy

Chapter 1, Page 12

The List
"Squirt Gun
Hot Peppers
Strawberrys
Bee Trap
Pie Pans""
Comment
"Little Timmy's birthday fiesta was not as much fun as Uncle Lothar thought it would be when he made this list of party favors"

Chapter 1, Page 13
The List
"Gin (Tangueray)
Candy for work"
Comment
"At least it doesn't say "Gin (for work)""

Chapter 18 (my favorite chapter), Page 196
The List
"Wal-Mart:
Stockings
Undergarments (for work-possibly w/red stripper shoes)"
Comment
"Shopping list: Oh my! I want to work where she works!"

Chapter 3, Page 28
The List
"Mandy
We all want to go
Hy-Vee West for supper

two lofs of bread
1 - pakage of hot dog buns
1 - bag of patol chips
1 - glalin of orange julce
1 - glalin of skim milk
1 - glalin cholate milk
pop"

Comment
"Then after that, Mandy, we all want to go to a remedial spelling class"

That's just a few clips. You may not find this funny at all (and if not, sorry for wasting your time!) but I think it's hilarious. You just have to read it to know what I'm talking about.

It has a whole section devoted to OCD lists...that's me for sure! I organize my shopping list by section and aisle. Yes I'm crazy. I am fully aware.

Hope you like my little book review!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

ha ha I have started organizing my list by section too, saves time! :)