Thursday, August 6, 2009

He did WHAT?!?!?!

I had basketball last night at 9 pm. I picked up Dommie on my way home from work. Nick wasn't feeling good so me and Dom hung out for a bit. Then I fed him and he took a long nap. When he finally woke up again, it was time for me to get ready and go. (I mentioned in the last few posts how crazy I am about certain things, like grocery lists...I'm also crazy about being on time). I got ready and left about 8 for a 9 game that was 10-15 minutes away.

Anyway, not the point of the story. My game is at 9 and it's over about 9:50 pm. When I got to my car, I saw that Nick had called. I called him back and we chatted for a bit and then he said, "Guess what?!?!" So I said, "What?" not thinking it was anything crazy. But then Nick said, "Dom crawled across the room tonight!"...

WHAT?!?!? And I missed it?!?!?! For a basketball game?!?!?! (Which before this news, basketball was the most exciting and awesome thing to do ever).

I was so sad that I missed it! I missed the first time he sat up and held himself up. I missed the first time he crawled. Am I going to miss everything?? His first word?? His first steps?? Everything??

I guess that is the price you pay for being a working mom (and a mom on a recreational basketball team! :P ). I'm ok with this. I love my job and I love working. I tip my hat to all those stay at home moms. Their job is WAY harder than mine. But I do get so jealous when I miss these moments that I can't ever get back. I should just get past all that self pity stuff though and celebrate.

MY SON CAN CRAWL!! (Let the baby proofing begin...)

No comments: