Friday, August 28, 2009

So grown up

Every morning when Dom wakes up, he plays for a little bit on his own before crying to get up or to eat. So we lay in bed and take our time waking up too. Well lately when he wakes up he starts talking a lot. He has learned "Da-Da". He doesn't know it means anything yet. He's not referring to Nick specifically when he says it, but he knows we smile and say it back so it's a new favorite thing. When we go in to check on him, he's standing in his crib with his arms holding the bars and grabbing his mobile that hangs above the bed.

I can't believe he can do all of these things already!?!? He can crawl, pull himself to standing, hold his own bottle, say things that make sense (kind of...) it's just too crazy. I would bet that he'll be walking before he's 10 months old. I don't know why but I think he'll be walking soon. He's so eager to get places and when he's at daycare, he's one of the only ones who doesn't walk.

My little man and I are on our own this weekend. Nick is going out of town with most of the men in my family for a golf tournament. I hope he's a big grown up boy all weekend and we have zero problems...especially since I still don't have a cell phone yet!!

No comments: