Thursday, August 6, 2009

Poor Dommie!

This morning as I was packing up my purse to head out the door, I set Dom on the floor to play while I finished up. He was playing with his binky and his firefly toy and having a great time. When I was ready I walked over toward him and he looked up and smiled at me. It was so sweet....but you know how sometimes you can see when something is about to happen and it's in slow motion but you can't stop it?? That happened to me this morning.

Dommie looked up at me and smiled a big smile, but as he was leaning back to look up at me, he fell straight back and hit his head on the floor. Hard. He immediately started screaming. I felt so horrible. I shouldn't have put him down (he was on a rug, not just floor but still!), I should have come over quicker and just scooped him up before he could look up, I should've done something different!

But I didn't. And Dommie screamed. I picked him up and hugged him close and bounced him and sang to him until he calmed down. I still felt so awful. I made sure he was OK and back to his normal happy self before we left. As I was holding him, he started laughing and trying to rip my necklace off of me. Back to normal. Check.

Now that he is moving around so much more I really need to be aware of babyproofing and knowing what's around him. He's so good at sitting up on his own now but (like this morning) he still has his moments of un-balance.

He was smiles and happy when I dropped him off and went right to play with the other kids. But, man! I felt bad!

No comments: