Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Chicka Chicka

Have you read any of these books? Well Dominick got "Chicka Chicka A B C" for his 1st Birthday (thanks Dave and Colleen!) and he LOVES it. Nick and I sing the words to him and point to each letter so he can see what each letter looks like.

The words are:

A told B, and B told C.
I'll meet you at the top of the coconut tree.

"Whee!" said D, to E F G.
I'll beat you to the top of the coconut tree.
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom!
Will there be enough room?
Here comes H up the coconut tree.

And I. And J. And tag along K.
All on their way up the coconut tree.
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom!
Will there be enough room!
Look who's coming! L M N O P!

And Q R S. And T U V.
Still more, W X Y and Z.
The whole alphabet up the...Oh no!

Chicka Chicka BOOM BOOM!

Then on the last page it shows the tree bent over and the whole alphabet is now on the ground. They were too heavy for the tree.

Anyway, Dominick loves this book. Since we sing it, he loves for us to read it to him. He will go from me to Nick and back again ten times just reading this same book. Luckily it's not a really long book (like some of the Dr. Seuss books) and it isn't really annoying, so we don't mind reading it.

Last night Nick was helping our friend, Mike, do some demo on his house so it was Dommie and Mommy night. Dominick grabbed that book and sat on his chair and started reading it out loud. It was adorable!! I tried getting a video with my phone but it didn't work out too well. Here's the video though, in case you wanted to see it!

Warning: I don't know what the volume will be doing so beware when watching it!!

Dominick is really good at A B and C. So he repeats those a lot. He does say Coconut tree a lot in there. And he's really good at Uh oh! And Boom boom boom! at the end. :)




One thing that I thought was adorable during all this (he must have read it to himself about 5 times or so) was at the end each time he would say, "Again?" "Yup!" to himself and then start all over again.

I love my Dommie Salami!

No comments: