Friday, November 12, 2010

Poll is closed and party preparation

So GIRL wins by a vote of 8-7 over BOY and 3 people (myself included) just have NO IDEA.

Nick and I went over to my parents house last night to do some last minute things and the house looks great. As great as a house can look mid-construction. They did an awesome job of getting it ready despite all they have to do right now. I'm really excited about tonight.

Mom and I made a fruit salad last night, and it's in the fridge (minus the fruits that go bad quickly and those will be added tonight). We bought some beer and it's chilling. Nick, his mom, and his brother Rob are picking up the sandwich on their way over. Either me or my mom is picking up the Pasta and Salad and/or Cake. And we already have all the plates, napkins, etc.

I think we're ready!! I'm still going over there straight from work, so I'll be there in plenty of time to set up, etc. Nick took a truckload of stuff over to my parents this morning (at 5:30 - what a trooper!) like firewood for the fire pit and a folding table for the kitchen (still no cabinets/counter tops). So I really think that's it.

I'll evaluate the diet soda situation when I get over there and run to the store one last time, but then we're done. And we can simply enjoy ourselves.

11 hours to go until we know! :)

Nick's definitely thinking boy now.
Mom's gut is telling her boy and her heart is telling her girl (her words, not mine).
And I'm sticking with girl. I had a dream last night that it was a girl.

Only time will tell!

No comments: