Thursday, November 11, 2010

Costco

I love Costco...absolutely love it. Nick and I got a membership a few years ago and used it every now and then. We used it enough to pay for it, but not too much. I started to wonder if we'd ever really use it.

Well we're using it!

We went to Costco last night to get some stuff for Dom. More wipes, specifically, but to look at their clothes and such too. Well we got a TON. When we usually go to Costco, we spend at least $150.00. Every time. And I'm ok with this. You're getting enough dish soap to last almost a year, so it's probably going to cost a little more. (And yes, the last time we bought dish soap from Costco, it lasted us approximately 7 months...and we don't have a dishwasher and wash everything by hand).

We started off just looking at stuff for Dom and us, and remembered the Reveal Party tomorrow night. I'm supposed to go with my mom to Schnucks tonight to get the last minute things, but I figured why not get some of them at Costco?

So here's what we ended up with, approximately:

3 Carter's sleepers for Dom (all 3T since my son is so tall - 38" at 21 1/2 months!)
600 napkins
360 pieces of plastic cutlery (120 knives, 120 spoons and 120 forks - we have 20 people coming tomorrow but they'll eventually get used!)
32 cans of coke
60 dinner plates and dessert plates
12 Honeycrisp Apples (we LOVE apples at our house)
2 HUGE bottles of body wash
3 bottles of contact solution
1 large pumpkin pie (I love pumpkin pie and this one is gigantic!)
3 bottles of whipped cream (they came together - I don't necessarily need 3 bottles for this pie)
1000 baby wipes
100 golf balls for Nick
60 Dinner rolls
6 pairs of work socks for Nick
1 box of Honey Nut Cheerios (which is actually like 3 boxes worth in one box)
1 HUGE thing of Laundry Detergent (the "free" kind)

So I was literally expecting our bill to be about $300-350, no joke. I always cringe when we get our total at Costco. Not that we aren't using the stuff we buy. We only buy the bulk food of foods we know we'll eat quickly (or get canned food), and usually cleaning supplies, but I still hate spending that much money at once. The lady announces our total and it's $209.04. Are you kidding me?? We did awesome!!

All that for 200 bucks. We'll definitely use the plates. The rest of the napkins and cutlery can come to my work since I eat in every day and need them. The coke can go to my mom's work since Nick and I don't drink regular soda but her work does. And the rest of the stuff we are going to use or have already started using. I really can't believe we got all that for just $200.

I love Costco.

No comments: