Monday, November 29, 2010

Fear

So I'm starting to get worried about where we live....

I've never worried about living in St. Louis, even though it's gotten "Most Dangerous City in America" like 5 times now. But lately...I'm nervous.

My car has been broken into twice now in the last 4-5 months-ish. Our lawn mower got stolen out of our backyard, (that was probably a LOT more our fault for leaving it out and not putting it away, but it was still in OUR yard). And now this morning I got a text from my neighbor.

"We had a large male knock on our door at 5:15 am this morning. When he saw my husband he said 'wrong house' and left in white SUV. husband called cops...yikes!".

She said he didn't look like he just had "the wrong house" and it worried her. They were calling our district rep too because of all the stuff that's been going on around our street. It really worried me too, because what if they knocked on my door and Nick wasn't home?! I wouldn't answer the door (especially at 5:15 in the morning) and we have an alarm system so I would definitely know if someone broke in, but it still has me nervous...

I don't like going to bed worrying if someone will break into my car. And I don't like the idea of someone knocking on my door at 5:15 in the morning looking for who knows what...

Nick told me that we have an alarm system and no one has ever tried to get in our house or confront us at night or anything scary. There is crime everywhere. I just need to make sure that nothing is in my car that is visible and we always set the alarm. I guess so...but I still have this fear.

2 comments:

Sara said...

This is so scary - at least now you know to be VERY careful if anyone comes to the door and do NOT hesitate to call the police!

Ashley said...

I have the fear in my house as well, it is scarey I cant imagine! If I were you guys I would get a gun, anyway probably shouldnt talk about on here, but if you want to talk about it next time we are together we should. I used to be totally against them, now I would shoot anyone suspisous to protect myself and my family.