Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Recap

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!



Thanksgiving was (as usual) a BUSY day! But also (as usual) a great day.

We started off by going to Glen Echo Country Club for brunch with my Dad's side of the family. We've gone there for Thanksgiving and Easter for as long as I can remember. And the food is AmAzInG!

We got there at 11:00 and went into our "room" (we've also had the same room for as long as I can remember). We all ordered drinks and grabbed our chairs. When everyone got there, we headed to the buffet.



There was SO much delicious stuff on the buffet! It was heaven! Corn chowder, salad, cheese and fruit station. Then for the main meal there was asparagus, fish, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, chicken fingers, and more that I can't remember. They had a carving station with turkey and beef tenderloin. Then for dessert!?! Cheesecake, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, pumpkin pie cheesecake, cherry pie, double chocolate cake, white sponge cake and ice cream and cookies.

Ahhh heaven.




We got a few family pictures in, since everyone was so dressed up, and then we called it a morning.



Nick and I headed home and Dom fell asleep in the car. We got him home for a nap (which was, for the most part, unsuccessful) and then we reorganized ourselves. At 3:30, we headed back out to my Grandma's house.

We alternate whose family to see on these holidays and this year was my family for everything for Thanksgiving (we do Thanksgiving with Nick's family every other year).

So we left about 3:30 and headed north. We got to my Grandma's about 4:00 and the party was in full swing. Unfortunately for Dom, the only first cousin he has on my side, for the moment, is Cecilia and I knew they weren't coming to Thanksgiving. But I have three younger (but still much older than Dom) first cousins on my Mom's side. So I wasn't sure if he'd really have anyone to play with. But my three cousins, Zoe, George and John were up to the task! They played with him all night and were so good with him!



Again, we had a great meal! Turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes and all the good Thanksgiving stuff!



After dinner and the dishes were done (by the men! woohoo!), we played a quick game of Left Right Center. When that was over, Nick and I watched the end of the Dallas football game and then we headed home. We were beat...



It was such a long but great day. We needed to get home and rest. We were going to have a big morning the next morning (next post). :)

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!!

Can you believe Christmas is just a few short weeks away??

No comments: