Saturday, November 27, 2010

Longest Night Ever...

Last night was a LONG rough night....


It started off as a great day. We got up early Friday morning and drove to get our Christmas tree (that's another post when I can post pictures). And we picked out a good one. We came home and I went with Leslie to look at wedding dresses. She looked gorgeous!! And she made a final decision! So exciting!!


Then I came home and hung out with Nick and Dom. I got home around 4:20 I think and Dom was up and playing. Nick ran to Home Depot to get some stuff for the bathroom and picked up some McDonald's for dinner. Not the healthiest but we didn't have much in the house. So we had McDonald's.


Around 7ish, we headed over to my sister's to just hang out for a bit. We played Jeopardy on their Wii (which was fun!) and stayed until about 10ish. Then we headed home. Then the long night began...


We got Dom to bed around 10:30 which is VERY late for him, but he wouldn't sleep at my sister's and was wide awake. Nick and I went to bed as well.


At 3:15 am we had a very rude awakening. My car alarm was going off. We knew what that meant...Someone either tried or succeeded in breaking into my car. I ran to the window and looked to see if I saw anyone and Nick ran downstairs to turn the alarm off and re-lock the car. We didn't see anyone, but didn't go check to see if they got anything in case someone was hanging around.


We went back to bed. But I couldn't sleep. I was racking my brain. Did I leave something valuable in my car? Checkbooks? Credit Card?? My iPod? My Kindle?? I couldn't sleep at all.


Dominick started screaming around 3:30...I ran in there and his eyes were still closed but he was screaming. I picked him up and he started gagging. I ran him to the bathroom and he stopped but started screaming more. I took him back into his room and started rocking him. Nick came in and took his temperature. No fever.


So I told Nick to go back to bed and I'd be in soon. I rocked Dom for a bit and then asked him if he wanted to lay back down. He told me yes. So I laid him back down and told him to yell if he needed me. He said ok.


I went back to bed. About 4:15 ish, Dom started screaming again. I told Nick it was his turn because I didn't think anything was really wrong. Nick went in to get him and I heard Dom scream even more. I ran in there and Dom was throwing up onto a towel. Poor baby.


I picked him up and cleaned him off and put him in new pajamas. He cuddled to me was crying softly and wouldn't let go. I brought him into our room and put him in bed with us. He laid there for awhile, just holding on, but wasn't really comfortable. He kept moving and looking around. His eyes were wide open. After a bit, Nick asked him if he wanted to go back to his crib. Dominick said yes and held his hands up for Nick to take him. Nick brought him back to bed. We laid back down around 4:50ish and this time I actually did fall asleep for a bit.

At 5:30 Dominick started screaming again. Nick was quick this time and beat me into his room. He got him up and leaned him over and he was throwing up again. I felt awful. There's no worse feeling than knowing your child is in pain and you can't fix it. And Dominick is so young, you can't explain it to him. He doesn't understand that he'll feel better soon and it will be ok. You just have to comfort him and try to make him feel better. It was awful. I felt so bad.

After this episode, he went to bed for good. He slept until about 8:00 too.

Nick and I got up at 7:15 ish. I went outside to check my car. Nothing was taken. I don't even think that they got in. They tried to pry the door handle off the driver's side and partially succeeded in that. I looked in my car...the ONLY things in my car were a bag of chips and my book bag (which is an open bag so you can clearly see the only things in the bag are books). So what were they trying to take??? Unless they wanted the whole car!?

After I saw nothing was taken, I called the police and filed a report.

Then Dom got up and we were up for the day...with very little sleep.

What a night!?!

PS - In case you were wondering, Dominick didn't throw up again and was great the rest of the weekend. No more throwing up. No more acting differently at all actually. He was back to his happy, normal self.

PPS - And I had nothing valuable in my car...no credit cards, no check books, no iPod, and no Kindle. :)

No comments: