Monday, November 29, 2010

Tree Lighting

Every year at Francis Park, they do a tree lighting. They light the biggest tree in the park and there is a little festival of sorts that goes on there. They have cookies and kettle corn and hot chocolate and coffee. They have carriage rides and there is singing of Christmas carols. And it's all FREE.

We decided to have my parents and Nick's mom over for dinner and then go to the Tree Lighting. Well my Dad got sick, so it was just me, Nick, my mom and his mom. But we had fun!

We had a delicious dinner, if I may say so myself, of grass fed steaks (yummy!), corn flake potatoes, salad, and green beans.

After dinner, we loaded up into the car and drove to the park.

It was PACKED. And Santa and Fredbird came too. What a party. ;-)

Here are a few pictures from the event:




After we saw the tree light up (and it's a whole countdown to the lighting and everything), we left. It was getting chilly and it was really crowded.

We walked back to the car and drove around and looked at some Christmas lights. Some houses are REALLY decorated already!! After doing that for a bit, we headed back to our house and had dessert. We ate pumpkin pie cake, one of the dishes I made at Time For Dinner in October. It was delicious!!

After dessert, Nick took his mom home and my mom drove home. I put Dominick to bed and then did the dishes and cleaned up the dining room and kitchen. Then I went downstairs and did some laundry...I was nesting a bit last night. Nick hopes that stays for a LONG time!!

And that was our night!! Well, Nick and Mike worked on the bathroom some more and I bored Nicole with watching football....and that was really our night. :)

It was a great night!

No comments: