Monday, November 15, 2010

REVEAL PARTY!!

Yay! We had the reveal party!! :)

All in all, it was a perfect success. Well, almost perfect. Christy and Lisa couldn't be there so it made is less than perfect, but it was a good party.

I left work about 3:15 and headed over to my parents to make sure everything was ready. It was a good thing I got there early. I was working from 3:40 until 6 when people started showing up! I didn't realize we still had a lot to do! But we got our work done (Mom, Dad and myself) and we got dressed and ready.

Mom and I had most of the food set up early. We had Cugino's Salad, a pickle and olive tray, a fruit salad, a bowl of chips, a bowl of dinner rolls, and Cugino's Chicken Milano Pasta all set up. We had the cake (still in its box so no one could sneak a peak) on another table, ready to go. I didn't take any pictures of that food...But then Nick showed up with the sandwich from Psghetti's and I took a picture of that! It was so neat!

I love that you can order sandwiches in shapes from there. I got this idea from my friend, Abbie, who had a housewarming party and her sandwich was in the shape of a house!

Anyway, we had QUITE the spread of food. When everyone was there, people started eating. I was going to do the cake first so no one would wait in suspense, but people started eating on their own. And that was fine by me. I actually started to get nervous!

The kids were all having a blast, running all over the place and just having a ball! Dominick and Jilly played so well together! It was adorable. I couldn't get a picture of them playing together, so you'll have to take my word for it. But they were all so cute.


How cute was he???!!

Around 7:20 or so, I was getting up to go and get Nick and see if he wanted to do the cake when he rounded up two of his brothers (Rob and Dave) and went to take his other brother, John's, rental car (it was a new Challenger, I think...??) for a spin (boys and their toys, I swear).

So Nick left....and we waited...and we waited...and we waited. He claims he was only gone for about 15 minutes, maybe 20 but I felt like it was a LOT longer than that!

At one point Nick's mom came over and told me she was ready for dessert. I told her I was too, but Nick would kill me if we cut the cake without him!!

I talked to Jim, one of my best friends and our new baby's Godfather, and asked him if he was still hoping for a boy. He told me No, that he had "changed his tune". I asked him "Why?" and he told me he wanted to be overprotective!! I find that so sweet!

Nick finally got back and we pulled the cake of it's box...



Everyone gathered around to get a good look and we had all the cameras ready. My mom handed me a knife and I made the first cut.



John yelled at me to stop, because he wanted to have his wife, Lisa, on the phone. So we waited. While we were waiting, Nick said to me, "I see pink..." but I thought he was kidding. When John had Lisa on the phone, we made another cut...and pulled out the piece of cake.


PINK! It was pink!! I think my hand started shaking about right then, because even though for the longest time I thought it was a girl (and even wore my pink shirt because I was so sure), I was thinking I would be wrong. That last ultrasound threw me off.

Of course we are THRILLED. Just look at our happy faces:


But we were both shocked. Nick in STILL in shock. He keeps telling me, "I really thought it was a boy...". I figured he'd be right.

We are both a little nervous. We know what to expect with a boy. We have a boy. We have a lot of boy toys. We have a LOT of boys clothes. What the heck are we going to do with a baby girl?!?!

But we are THRILLED. Some people want both sexes and have 5+ kids trying for that boy or girl. And we'll already have one of each with just two kids.

And I can't help it. I already can't wait to buy those cute little dresses....like this one:



Oh, shopping will be fun! And my daughter (EEK) and my sister's daughter will be just 7 weeks apart! That will be fun for them.

I think everyone had a great time. I HOPE everyone had a great time. I'm so happy we decided to find out in this manner. It was a huge SURPRISE and that's what I wanted. A big surprise.

Here are a few pictures from people just hanging out and having fun.





Yay for the Big Reveal!! We can't wait to welcome our BABY GIRL in March!

2 comments:

Kate Geisen said...

Awww, a girl. :) Congratulations! And again, what a neat party idea. I checked back here about 12 times yesterday. lol

Anonymous said...

Wow! A reveal party! I've never heard of that, but I love it. Congrats on having one of each!