Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Say WHAT?!?!?!

So yesterday I kept waiting and waiting and waiting to hear from my doctor. When I left work and hadn't heard anything, I went ahead and called them. I left a nice message and told them that they could call me back tomorrow (which is today) if they couldn't get back to me today (yesterday). I really wasn't expecting a call back yesterday at all. Nick and I were in our bedroom looking at our fantasy football teams on the laptop (yes, we're nerds), when I heard my cell phone ring downstairs. I RAN down the stairs to get the phone and it was my doctor...

They called to tell me that I DON'T have gestational diabetes!?! What!?!

My blood draw had to be under 130 and mine was 123. I will still have to be tested again at 26 weeks but for the next 6 weeks, I don't have to worry about it!!

Don't worry, I won't go crazy, but I don't have to count carbs or anything!

WOOHOO! :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That is so great to hear!! What an answered prayer.

Kate Geisen said...

Yea! I'm so glad for you! :)