Friday, September 24, 2010

Apple Butter BBQ Pulled Pork...

Try saying that 5 times fast!

That was the TFD meal we made last night. And again, DELICIOUS! I was worried about it a lot yesterday because it said to cook it from frozen and I didn't see that, so I defrosted it. And you also cooked it in the crock pot wrapped in foil....I've never made anything in the crock pot in foil. But it was delicious. And it didn't matter that I defrosted it either!

We had our neighbors, Sarah and Jeff, over for dinner last night. When I got home from TFD, I had Dominick and was all by myself so Sarah and Jeff helped me carry all my stuff in. Since the pulled pork said it would serve 8, we invited them over to enjoy it with us.

We had SO much food. I couldn't fed another 4 people, easily! Sarah brought over a salad and then we had pulled pork sandwiches, green beans, rolls, sliced watermelon, and mini cheesecakes (and pumpkin kisses) for dessert. I still have a HUGE tupperware of pulled pork (after bringing some for my lunch today), a lot of green beans, two tupperwares of watermelon (and the whole other half of the watermelon) and 5 more mini cheesecakes! I would've just made us eat these leftovers for dinner tonight but I already had a whole chicken defrosted and we'll be gone a lot this weekend, so I didn't want it to go to waste.

So today for lunch is a repeat of last night. And tonight for dinner is chicken, potatoes, green beans and more salad! Yum! And this means we've eaten at home every night (except Wednesday, when we got Qdoba - and that was planned). So woohoo! Go us!

We are very used to eating out and trying to cut back on that a ton. So far, it's working!

Anyway, last night's meal was a success! I'm looking forward to going back in October and trying more meals in the next few weeks! :)

No comments: