Friday, September 10, 2010

Great Gift

So Nick is just so much better at this whole anniversary thing than I am. We've been settling our debt these past few weeks (by next week, we'll basically be debt free besides our house! yay!!) and not spending money. So I kind of figured we weren't really doing much for our anniversary. I was wrong.

It started off that I was mad at Nick. Let me explain why. He calls me every day on his way home from work. That's around 2:45 (he works 6-2:30). Well I'm still working then. But I talk for a few minutes. As long as I can, and then I let him go while I get back to work. It's usually about 10 minutes or so. Well then he goes home and watches TV.

So yesterday, this happened, and then I called Nick when I got off work about 4ish. He doesn't answer. So I continue to drive home. He calls me back and we talk for about 2 minutes. I start telling him a story. I didn't get far, but I should've caught his interest. I started with something like this, "Oh! You're never going to believe what happened today!" That's exciting right? Well he interrupts me and says, "It's not raining is it?" I said, "Yes, it is where I am." so he says, "Can you hold on one minute?" I say sure, and he sets the phone down and leaves. He's gone for about 2 minutes. He comes back to the phone and says, "Sorry babe." I tell him that's ok. I'm getting ready to re-start my exciting conversation and he says, "Ok, well I'll just see you when you get home?" .... I was kind of surprised. I said, "Can't you talk to me for a minute?" And he says, "No. I'll see you when you get home."

Ok. So now I'm annoyed. I talk to you everyday while I'm at work and you can't talk to me for 5 minutes because you are watching TV?? Come on!

So I get home and go to the basement and I'm definitely sporting an attitude. He smiles and asks me about my day and I'm giving him short one word answers. He finally asks what's wrong and I kind of blow up. I'm annoyed!

He gets up and leaves the room. I wasn't ready to give in so I sit and pout. He comes back with a huge bag and says, "This is why I couldn't talk. I had to get this ready. Happy Anniversary".

Well great. Now I feel like a giant schmuck! I open the card, which was a cute and funny card and then I dig into the bag.

He gave me two bags of Ghiradelli Chocolates (did anyone see my facebook status yesterday?? It's like he read my mind!), a baby names book (I just told him the other day I don't like our names anymore and I need a book to pick new ones out) and a food processor (something I've wanted for a few years now). Wow. He got me three GREAT things that I WANT and I'll USE and I didn't get him anything because I didn't think we were spending money and I had an attitude at him....

OOPS!

I told him I was sorry and that I was going to have something but I didn't think we were doing presents. And that I'll have something for him next week since we're going out of town this weekend.

So now I'm in a dilemma! I was going to take Dom to one of those pottery places and have him paint something, but that's not a good anniversary present. That's like a father's day present or a birthday present and from Dom not me....so what do I do????

Any ideas on a good gift?? A REALLY good gift since it's late now! :) I think I'm wanting to spend about a hundred bucks. Any advice is welcome!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Is there a new golf club or whatever he needs since he has been so into that latley? Hummm that is really all I can think of off the top of my head? I am sure he doesnt care if he gets anything and you dont have to spend a certin amount so what about a massage this weekend or a nice dinner out?