Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Time For Dinner!

My great friend, Ashley, and I went to "Time for Dinner" this past Monday night. For those of you who don't know what this is, I'll explain it (I didn't know either).

Time for Dinner is a place where you make a bunch of meals that you can take home and freeze. You "order" your meals ahead of time, and then when you get there, there are stations all over the room. You just go to a station and follow the instructions. Everything is already prepped for you with the proper measuring spoon or cup already in place. There is all the supplies you need and even the take home containers at the station. And the best part??? THEY CLEAN UP AFTER YOU! :)

So, Ash and I talked and picked out 12 meals. Most of the meals are already split into two portions to freeze, so these were easy to split. A few of the meals, we ordered two of so we could each get a full portion (which is 6-8 servings).

We both got there a little early and sat in Ashley's car talking. Then we went it. We were both a little nervous but really excited to start. It was great! We had nothing to be nervous about.

We checked in, got our tour of where everything is, and got to work. I started making our split portion of "Chicken Chardonney" and Ash got to work on our double portions of "Garlic and Cheddar Chicken Bites". It was so easy! After you make your dish and put it in the proper take home container, there are little stickers to put on everything. A small sticker that goes on the side so if your meals are stacked in the freezer, you can see what they all are, and a bigger sticker that goes on top. The sticker on top contains all the nutrition information (as well as weight watchers points) along with side dish suggestions and the cooking instructions. After we finished making our meals and labeling them, we had our own few shelves in a refrigerator to put our finished products.

It took about a hour and a half to get through all the meals, but we had a blast. We were able to pick stations close to one another and talk the whole time.

I was raving about this place to my sister and my mom but they both want me to eat a meal first before they sign up for coming with me. :) So I'm trying out the "Party Pork Tenderloin" tonight. Hopefully it's delicious! I know it will be.

Another cool thing about this place is that if you are pregnant, you get a card. With that card, after your baby is born you can order your meals and they will assemble them at no additional cost (that is an option now, but it's an extra $30 or something to have them make it). You get this deal for three straight months after the baby is born! How nice is that! Ashley got her card on Monday since she is due in a week and a half! The lady told me that she'll give me my card when it gets closer so I don't lose it. I appreciated that. I would lose it!

Now I'm looking up October's meals and I think I'm just going to have to go back!

I'll update you tomorrow with how the Pork Tenderloin turns out!

No comments: