Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Uncle Mike's Birthday!

I love that we live so close to Dominick's Godfather that he gets to see him frequently. And Dominick LOVES his 'Uncle' Mike. As soon as Mike comes in the room, Dom's face lights up and he says "Hi Mike!".

Well Monday was Mike's birthday. We went out with him on Friday night to celebrate but Dom wasn't there. So last night we had 'Uncle' Mike over for dinner and present opening.

Mike came over around 6:30 and I was just finishing up dinner. We had Caesar salad, Chicken Chardonnay and some dinner rolls. After dinner we had mini cheesecakes. Mike is not much of a dessert eater so I didn't want to make a whole big cake. But I thought we still HAD to have something so we could sing.

Here are a few pictures of Mike and his dessert:









Everything was happy while we were singing and happy at the beginning of blowing out the candles. But then Dommie tried to help too much. He leaned forward and caught a flame right in the face. He jerked back really quick and didn't say anything. Mike asked him if he was ok and he said, "Yeah...." in a shaky, quivering voice, and then it was "Maaa-maaa!". I picked him up and I think he was more scared than anything else. We rocked for a few minutes and talked and then he was happy again.

I took a picture before I realized he got burnt. Here's that picture...my poor baby!!



I took Dom into the kitchen to make sure he was ok and to calm him down. When we went back to the dining room, where Mike and Nick were, Dom's face lit up and he said, "HI Mike!". So all was well again.

After cheesecake, Dommie gave Uncle Mike his present (Halo Reach) and then we went downstairs to watch Biggest Loser and let Dommie play for a bit.

Dommie was climbing all over Uncle Mike all night. He had a blast with him. They sat and read books, played with the Hokey Pokey Elmo, and Dommie sang him his ABC's. :)

All in all, I think it was a pretty good evening!

(And PS - Dommie is perfectly fine and happy today and there is no sign of a burn, so I'm not even sure where and if it even got him, unless it just felt hotter than normal and he freaked out...)

No comments: