Monday, September 27, 2010

School!

So school is here and I just finished my fourth class. This week I had a lab exam. The exam was a lab practical where there were 26 stations set up around the lab and we had to go station to station answering questions. Some stations were asking questions about basic anatomy terms and anatomical position, other were asking about cell structure, then they got harder where they were asking about identifying types of Epithial tissues or Connective Tissues, and finally there were stations asking about skin and the different layers and structures found in the skin.

I was SO worried about this test. I didn't study much (bad me) but I went to class 2-1/2 hours early to get some much needed studying in. I think I overdid it! The test was pretty simple in my opinion! There were definitely a few I got wrong, and I knew I got them wrong, but I was prepared and I knew most of them. There were also 5 extra credit questions and I'm confident I got at least one of those right!

We have 4 lab exams (each worth 100 points), 4 take home exams (each worth 100 points), 9 lab quizzes (each worth 10 points but we can drop 2) and a cumulative final (worth 200 points). I'm working on the take home exam now (well not literally now) and have one bad quiz score and one awesome quiz score so I think I'll be ok...

I'm really glad I'm back in school. Even though it's sad sometimes that my Saturdays are basically spent in school most of the day (well 12:30-5:30ish), it's still interesting material and I'm really enjoying it!

I find out next week what I got on my lab practical. I'll keep ya posted! :)

1 comment:

Joe, Jenn, Nathan, and William said...

keep me updated on what you are studying. i have prepared slides of all of the types of tissues (muscle, epithelial, connective) and i can give you my powerpoints that may be a little simpler than what you have to learn, but it would give you a basic understanding. let me know!!