Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My little repeater...

So Dominick is into repeating EVERYTHING YOU SAY. Look out. Usually it's sweet or cute.

For example: when I go into his room in the morning, I say "Hi Baby!" and he replies with a big smile and a "Hi babeee!" right back. That's cute. And sweet.

Sometimes it's not so sweet and it gets Mommy into trouble...

For example: on Monday, when Dom and I got home from my parents house (Nick went to the movies with Mike) we went to the kitchen where I saw Ruby had destroyed a LOT of plastic materials all over my leather couch. I said UNDER MY BREATH mind you, "oh shit". I thought I said it quietly.

Apparently I didn't.

Dommie turned to me and said "Oh SHIT!" and I stopped, horrified, and said "No Dommie! Don't say that!" and he looked at me and said "Oh shit!". Well I made a BIG parenting mistake....I let a giggle escape. Which turned into Dominick laughing and stomping his feet to "Shit! Shit! Shit!" all over the kitchen...

Great. Way to go MOM!

Luckily he has NOT repeated this since that incident, but it's made me very aware that my little man can talk WELL now and we really have to be careful about what we say in front of him...

OOPS!

No comments: